For the woman that knows what she wants and is ready to demand it. Designed for her with the exquisite comfort of a plush Smith fit, the Valence comes with features expected of a Smith premium technology helmet.
Lightweight, tough, with adjustable venting
- Women’s Helmet
- Smith X Boa® Fit System
- CERTIFICATION: ASTM F 2040, CE EN 1077:2007 CLASS B
- WEIGHT: 18.5 oz / 530 Grams
- Hybrid shell construction
- Low-profile regulator adjustable climate control
- 18 vents
- MIPS System
- Adjustable Smith x Boa® fit system
- Women’s X-Static performance lining
- Snapfit SL ear pads
- AirEvac 2 ventilation
- Outdoor Tech™ audio systems available
- Small – 51-55 cm
- Medium – 55-59 cm
- Large – 59-63 cm
- HYBRID SHELL CONSTRUCTION: Lightweight and low profile
- Smith’s Hybrid Shell construction combines separate lightweight and durable shells to create an entirely new helmet category. By fusing our tough bombshell ABS construction with flyweight In-Mold technology, our Hybrid Shell construction optimizes the favorable traits of each material in this revolutionary process. The result is a modern design that provides a lightweight, low profile, perfectly fitting helmet. Hybrid Shell construction also creates a clean, smooth top surface by enabling the low profile Regulator to function with reduced mass and volume.
- SMITH X BOA® FIT SYSTEM
- When it came time to re-think helmet fit systems, Smith partnered with Boa® Technology, the world’s leader in closure systems. Combining Boa’s expertise in closure systems, the proven fit and comfort of Smith helmets, and a lifetime guarantee from both companies, Smith helmets with Boa® fit systems ensure a great fit everyday on the mountain.
- The Smith x Boa® fit system is a custom developed, Smith exclusive piece. Building on the proven fit of our ergonomic head form, it offers an intuitive dial system for on-the-fly, single-handed micro-adjustment. This three-quarter haloed design offers key features of self-centering and vertical adjustability, allowing the user to achieve a perfectly customized fit.
- MIPS Technology
- Multi-directional impact protection system
- MIPS is used to reduce the rotational forces to the brain in the case of an oblique impact. Smith helmets are created to absorb direct impacts very eff iciently and when combined with MIPS, Smith helmets absorb oblique forces better by allowing a small rotation of the outer shell relative to the liner.
- MIPS IN ACTION:
- When you fall to the ground at an angle rotational forces are generated. A helmet integrating MIPS technology creates a sliding layer between the outer shell and the head. This allows the helmet's outer shell to slide relative to the head when hitting the ground, so the rotational force is decreased, reducing the potential to damage your brain.
- STRAIN LEVELS:
- Simulated deformation of the brain from angled impact when the user is wearing a helmet with and without MIPS.
***Actual product may differ/vary slightly from image displayed. ***