The RTM 86 allows advanced to expert skiers to Ride the Mountain like never before with innovations that combine to create the performance standard for frontside-oriented all mountain skiing. All design elements are exhaustively engineered, including an Extended Tip and Tail Rocker design with camber under foot, and WideRide XL binding system that's updated for 17/18 with GripWalk compatibility.
HIGHTECH MADE WHERE WE LIVE AND SKI. BAVARIA, GERMANY.
To us, the label “Made in Germany” isn’t just a promise but a responsibility. We work hard to honor it every day.
***This pair of skis is sold as a system with the bindings pre-assembled on the skis. These bindings must be adjusted and tested with your boots in the system, by a qualified technician before they are used. ***
- System Skis
- Piste / All Mountain Collection
- UVO - UVO is the first freely rotating, 360° vibration damper to apply cutting-edge vibration dampening technology in order to minimize disruptive ski vibration. The terrain below the ski inevitably generates vibrations, which in turn set the shovel into motion. This significantly disrupts the smoothness of the ski-ride, and makes it harder to hold an edge. The revolutionary UVO technology works against this, through proven dampening in the form of reduced vibrations in the horizontal and vertical directions as well as along the length of the ski.
- 3D.Ridge - Central Woodcore Ridge with superslim wings to significantly reduce weight and swing weight and keep the stability where necessary. Our 3D.Ridge technology - is probably the most extreme and effective construction technique that currently exists. It has become a symbol of VÖLKL lightweight construction. The distinctive characteristic of this technology is a raised central ridge that sharply levels out towards the edges, both in front of and behind the binding. This reduces the inertial mass around the fulcrum to a minimum and significantly enhances the agility of the ski. At the same time, the center ridge allows for a precise dimensioning of the hardness distribution, which leads to an especially harmonious flex on the ski. Despite the weight savings, the 3D.Ridge ensures that there are no compromises in the ski‘s durability and elasticity.
- 3D.Glass - 3D.GLASS is Völkl’s latest development to furthermore improve overall ski performance and stability even in critical snow conditions. Compared to classic glass constructions the three-dimensional and multiple-folded glass layers in the binding area result in an increased edge grip and a more vivid rebound behavior in turns.
- Powered by Titanium - The titanium setup makes the ski agile and dynamic. Especially friends of a hard, fast and aggressive riding style benefit from the quick response of this construction.
- Full 3D Sidewall
- SIDECUT: 132_86_114
- BASE: P-Tex 4500 - A sintered, ultra-high molecular polyethylene base with an extremely high density. Besides a great wear resistance and perfect wax absorption the P-Tex 4504 is extremely fast and exclusively used on our top of the line and race models. The material has been upgraded with special additives to make it thermal and electro-conductive and proves its qualities with premium glide and maximum speed in races.
- CORE: 3D.Ridge Core - A specially for 3D.Ridge developed layered three-dimensional wood core, based on the full sensor wood core construction.
- ROCKER: XTD Tip & Tail Rocker
- BINDING: iPT Wideride XL 12 FR GripWalk - Flo-Red
- IPT WIDERIDE XL 12 FR GW FLO-RED
- Marker and Völkl developed the iPT Wideride system with a contact surface width 30% greater than standard.
- On top of that, the binding is mounted significantly closer to the edge of the ski. This helps the energy flow more directly and continuously to the edges. They make wider skis more agile, responsive and easier to control. The skis are better in tune with the skier’s signals and application of pressure and edge for a precise and powerful characteristic. DIN-ISO: 4.0-12.0
- SKIING LEVEL: Advanced, Professional
- STYLE #: 118201
***Actual product may differ/vary slightly from image displayed. ***