Good looks meets great tech in the Prospect Insulated Jacket. This easy riding style has our standard fit that offers ideal mobility plus ideal weather protection of 10,000mm / 5,000gm2 of our V-Science 2-Layer Shell plus 60gm Low-Loft Insulation. We’ve paired all that with critical taped seams, a super suede chin guard and ideal fitting hood.
Introducing the latest collection of snow outerwear to meet your need across all terrains. Recommended for life.
- Critical Taped Seams
- Standard Fit
- Hidden Toggle Cinch Hood
- Super Suede Chin Guard
- Mesh Lined Zippered Vents
- Adjustable Powder Skirt
- Adjustable Cinch Cuff
- Brushed Tricot Lined Handwarmer Pockets
- Pocket Access Hem Cinch
- Specialty Ticket Ring
- V-Science 2-Layer Shell
- V-Science Shaded Dobby
- 60gm Low-Loft Insulation
- 10,000mm / 5,000gm2
- SIGNATURE DETAILS:
- WATERPROOFING (10,000MM)
- Withstands average snow and light rain under ordinary conditions.
- At Volcom we rate our waterproofing on Dry, Drier, Driest scale. Our Driest garments are rated at 25,000mm and above which includes those made with GORE-TEX® and their “Guaranteed To Keep You Dry®” promise. Our Drier rating is reserved for garments between 8,000mm - 15,000mm, while our Dry rating comes in at 5,000mm and anything below, which is what you will find on our coach-type jackets and some of our flannels and fleece.
- BREATHABILITY (5,000GM2)
- Perfect for a day at the resort, sticking to the chairlifts where little to no hiking is required.
- Equally as important as waterproofing, the breathability of the garment relates to its ability allow water vapor (perspiration) to escape. Volcom Outerwear ranges between 5,000gm2 - 15,000gm2, while garments made with GORE-TEX® exceed 15,000gm2. While the higher the number means the garment is more breathable, your optimal amount of breathability should be based on your planned physically activity.
- WARMTH (60GM)
- Low-Loft insulation providing warmth without losing versatility.
- At Volcom we rate the warmth of our outerwear garments on a Shell, Warm, Warmest scale. Garments with a Shell rating are what you might expect from the name, purely a shell without any insulation built in. Our Warm garments feature synthetic insulation with fill states between 40gm - 120gm. The higher the fill state the warmer the garment. We reserve our Warmest rating for garments insulated with Down.
- FIT (Standard)
- The classic Volcom jacket fit. Relaxed but not oversized, featuring a straight hem.
- Men’s jacket lengths fall into two categories, Regular and Long. Regular fits sit slightly below the hip for a standard fit and style while our Long fits fall further down below the hip for extra bottom coverage.
- STYLE NUMBER: G0451808
***Actual product may differ/vary slightly from image displayed. ***