Volkl Men's Deacon 80 Ski with LowRide XL 13 GW Binding 2019-2020
With the most technology available in its class, the new Deacon 80 is an all mountain highlight for the 1920 season. Driven by several new technologies, this model will give advanced to expert skiers more command of the mountain than ever before. A Glass Frame construction places material only where it's needed to improve performance - around the perimeter of the ski.
The 2020 Volkl Deacon 80 skis with bindings are an excellent example of a setup done right. For front-side carvers and all-mountain rippers, the Deacon 80 is a must-have stick. Whether you're using it as a hard snow ski as part of your multi-ski quiver or as your primary speed stick, the Deacon 80 has a lot to like. A new model for 2020, the Deacon 80 has many of the same features of the RTM 81 of old. The basic shape and rocker profile are similar, but the build is somewhat different. By using the same titanal frame technology that is found in the M5 Mantra and Secret, the Deacon 80 has a lot of power and precision that get put on the edges. The main difference is that the frame is made out of fiberglass instead of titanal to help reduce weight and bulkiness. While not as stable of a material, the tradeoff is significant. You get all the benefits but with a fraction of the weight. Skis shouldn't be so hard to turn, and the quickness of the Deacon 80 is something to behold. The 3D Ridge, 3D Glass, and the steel laminate all combine to make the Deacon 80 as strong and responsive as ever, and the addition of the 3D Radius Sidecut increase the versatility of the skis, especially when it comes to turn shape and style. Advanced skiers will glean the most performance out of the skis, but the 2020 Volkl Deacon 80 has a huge range of skier types to please.
***This pair of skis is sold as a system with the bindings pre-assembled on the skis. These bindings must be adjusted and tested with your boots in the system, by a qualified technician before they are used. ***
- Men's Specific
- System Skis
- Front Side / Mixed Snow Collection
- 3D Radius Sidecut
- Powered by Steel
- Glass Frame
- Full Sidewall
- SIDECUT: 128_80_111
- BASE: P-Tex 2100
- CORE: 3D Full SensorWoodCore
- ROCKER: XTD Tip & Tail Rocker
- BINDING: LowRide XL 13 GripWalk
- P-TEX 2100: A sintered high-density and high molecular polyethylene base with great gliding characteristics and high durability.
- XTD TIP AND TAIL ROCKER: Unique rocker shape, longer rocker profile compared to traditional tip & tail rocker, very short cambered profile under foot, more solid shovel and softer middle section.
- 3D RIDGE TECHNOLOGY: The distinctive characteristic of this technology is a raised central ridge that sharply levels out towards the edges, both in front of and behind the binding. This reduces the inertial mass around the fulcrum to a minimum and significantly enhances the agility of the ski. At the same time, the center ridge allows for a precise dimensioning of the hardness distribution, which leads to an especially harmonious flex on the ski. Despite the weight savings, 3D.Ridge ensures that there are no compromises in the ski's durability and elasticity.
- 3D.GLASS: Three-dimensional and multiple-folded glass layers in the tip and tail area or binding area result in an increased edge grip and a more vivid rebound in turns.
- 3D RADIUS SIDECUT: Three radii in one ski shape deliver maximum versatility - long radii at the tip and tail for stability and smoothness, and a short radius in the mid-body allows the skier to switch from long arcs to short turns at will, at any speed.
- POWERED BY STEEL: A steel layer in the ski provides very good durability, controlled flex and smooth skiing in faster speeds.
- FULL SIDEWALL: Full length sidewalls provide optimal power transmission for the length of the ski.
- LOWRIDE XL 13 GRIPWALK BINDINGS: Especially for wider skis: 10 mm lower stand height for increased agility and better edge grip
- SKIING LEVEL: Intermediate, Advanced
- STYLE #: 119231
***Actual product may differ/vary slightly from image displayed. ***