Sweeping magazine tests and setting a new standard for everyday drivers on bigger mountains, the Origin106 hits the sweet spot. Plenty of float for deeper days, and the torsional rigidity to carve harder snow at high speed, the Origin106 makes the good days better.
Versatile Performance on Any Mountain
***These skis are sold flat (without bindings). ***
*All skis must have bindings installed and tested with your boots in the system by a qualified technician before they are used*
- Bindings sold separately
- Men’s Freeride Collection
- FLEX (1-10 SCALE): Tip: 6 - Waist: 8 - Tail: 7
- BOMB ROCKER
- Features full tip and tail rocker with positive camber underfoot for maximum flotation and playful feel.
- SPEEDCORE CARBON
- The feel of our bamboo and poplar speedcore plus carbon fiber for more power without the weight.
- Hand-made bamboo and wood laminate cores are strong, light, and eco-friendly. Every Liberty ski begins with energetic and durable bamboo as the foundation for long-lasting performance.
- A polyurethane bumper to smooth out the ride and protect the topsheet against chipping.
- CARBON FIBER
- Increases energy return and reinforces core while reducing weight.
- QUADAXIAL FIBERGLASS
- Custom E-glass creates torsional rigidity while allowing longitudinal flex for easy turn initiation.
- METAL EDGE
- German HRC 48 steel edges with extra large anchors for durability and heat dissipation.
- SINTERED P-TEX BASE
- UHMW PE bases are durable and porous to absorb wax and stay fast.
- Backcountry Gear Guide Select 2018
- Gold Metal Gear – Gear Guide Ski Magazine 2018
- Freeskier Editors’ Pick 2018
- Skiing Magazine Official Selection 2017
- Skier’s Choice – Powder 2017
- Best Blister of 2016
- Several testers agreed that the Origin106 is a “great quiver of one for Western skiers.” With versatile all-mountain dimensions, a solid rocker profile, carbon stringers, and ABS sidewalls, the106 is “really balanced and fun, with enough chops to push into the unknown,” said a Crested Butte based tester. It took more effort to edge than the Origin96, but “always had plenty of power in reserve.” “More of a charger than a playful, nimble ski.”
- Ski Magazine
- You’ll be aptly liberated with a pair of Liberty Origin106’s under your feet. This ski earned praise for its playfulness, pop and float-making it ideal for the shredder who loves to jump off damn near everything in sight. Testers summed up this playfulness with descriptions like “snappy,” “high-energy” and “floaty.” Camber underfoot and rockered tips and tails lend to this performance. And like every ski Liberty makes, this one contains a bamboo core that offers a pleasurable blend of stability and liveliness. That bamboo is complimented by poplar to make it a bit more forgiving, and the use of 10-mm carbon stringers cuts down on overall weight while providing a bit of torsional strength.
- Freeskier Magazine
- With the same carbon-reinforced bamboo and poplar core as the Origin96, the 106 offers a wider platform for the powder-minded skier. And with a healthy portion of tip and tail rocker along with traditional camber underfoot, these boards are built to tackle a variety of conditions. “Crazy light for the performance they deliver– amaze-balls stable considering the ample tip and tail rise,” one tester said. The springy nature impressed another who cited “playful, turny performance.”
- Backcountry Magazine
***Actual product may differ/vary slightly from image displayed. ***