The I/O combines a wider field of view, innovative Responsive Fit™ frame design, and updated looks. All while using your same proven lens. The spherical lens has 5X™ antifog, Smith’s highest level of anti-fog technology, and TLT optics for crystal clear vision. The original I/O was the first goggle to solve the problem of what to do when changing light and weather demanded different lenses. The new I/O continues that legacy of uncompromising performance.
Smith goggles are built using the most technologically advanced lenses in the world. We combine our patented thermal lens technologies with the most sophisticated fog-fighting inner lenses ever created to provide three levels of performance to match perfectly to your needs.
- Interchangeable series
- Includes an Extra Lens
- Quick release lens change system
- Includes bright light and low light performance mirror lenses
- Available with ChromaPop™ lenses
- Spherical carbonic-x lens
- 5X™ anti-fog inner lens
- TLT lens technology for crystal clear vision
- Patented Porex™ filter prevents optical distortion during changes in elevation
- Medium fit
- Responsive Fit™ frame design
- QuickFit strap adjustment system with clip buckle
- 3-layer DriWix face foam
- Helmet compatible
- Ultra-wide, silicone backed strap
- Articulating outrigger positioning system
- Includes microfiber goggle bag with replacement lens sleeve
- SPHERICAL LENS
- Spherical lenses are built on a base curve in both the X (horizontal) and Y (vertical) axis. Smith’s spherical lenses are offered exclusively in carbonic-x material with TLT Optics and a base 6x4 toric shape. This pioneering shape provides the highest level of optical clarity, improved fit characteristics and increased volume improving fog performance.
- CARBONIC-X LENSES
- Smith’s carbonic-x outer lens material is individually molded to offer optimum scratch and impact resistance, increased visual acuity and enhanced contrast sensitivity. The carbonic-x material meets Class 1 optical standards. There is simply no better lens.
- TLT (TAPERED LENS TECHNOLOGY)
- When light passes through a medium it refracts, i.e. changes course. If left uncorrected, this refraction can cause visual distortion and eye fatigue. Smith’s Tapered Lens Technology straightens out the incoming light rays by progressively tapering the lens from the optical center toward the peripheral view. What this means for you is that you see with 100% accuracy and maximum comfort.
- 5X ANTI-FOG
- The most advanced anti-fog lens ever created. Building upon the hydrophilic, micro-etched surface area principles of our Fog-X lenses, our revolutionary, 5X anti-fog inner lens has been engineered to provide over five times the absorptive properties of anything on the market. Initial testing showed standard anti-fog lenses fogging between 30-50 seconds. Smith’s proprietary, 5X anti-fog treatment withstood fogging for over 120 seconds in controlled lab tests.
- POREX™ FILTER TECHNOLOGY
- Changes in elevation bring changes in atmospheric pressure. These forces have the potential to diminish the optics of thermal lens systems. Smith’s patented Porex™ filter solves this issue by allowing the air pressure within the sealed lens chamber to equalize with the ambient atmospheric pressure ensuring class 1 optical standards. PATENT # 7865977
- ChromaPop™ Snow lenses do more work. With just one ChromaPop™ lens you experience enhanced definition and clarity across a greater range of conditions than with traditional lenses.
- I/O INNOVATION
- Fast and intuitive lens change technology is offered across multiple models and curated into a true collection.
- I/O: Flip the top switch, pop out the lens and replace it with a new one.
- Quickly Adapt To Changing Conditions Utilizing the Included Bright Light or Low Light Lens
- Fast and Intuitive Lens Removal and Installation
- Change Is Easy
- RESPONSIVE FIT™ TECHNOLOGY
- Responsive Fit™ Design Allows The Frame To Adjust And Flex To The Contours Of Your Face.
- Every face is different. By reducing material and creating a flexible lattice architecture, Smith’s frames act like a suspension system that micro-adjusts to your unique facial structure, assuring a precise, comfortable fit.
***Actual product may differ/vary slightly from image displayed. ***