The award-winning Origin96 had quite a rookie year, showing up a winner in many ski tests and reviews. Nimble and powerful with Speedcore Carbon construction, tip rocker and a low rise tail, the Origin96 is always the right ski. Powder to hard pack, just grab and go with confidence.
Versatile Performance on Any Mountain
***These skis are sold flat (without bindings). ***
*All skis must have bindings installed and tested with your boots in the system by a qualified technician before they are used*
- Bindings sold separately
- Men’s Freeride Collection
- FLEX (1-10 SCALE): Tip: 7 - Waist: 8 - Tail: 8
- BOMB ROCKER
- Features full tip and tail rocker with positive camber underfoot for maximum flotation and playful feel.
- SPEEDCORE CARBON
- The feel of our bamboo and poplar speedcore plus carbon fiber for more power without the weight.
- Hand-made bamboo and wood laminate cores are strong, light, and eco-friendly. Every Liberty ski begins with energetic and durable bamboo as the foundation for long-lasting performance.
- A polyurethane bumper to smooth out the ride and protect the topsheet against chipping.
- CARBON FIBER
- Increases energy return and reinforces core while reducing weight.
- QUADAXIAL FIBERGLASS
- Custom E-glass creates torsional rigidity while allowing longitudinal flex for easy turn initiation.
- METAL EDGE
- German HRC 48 steel edges with extra large anchors for durability and heat dissipation.
- SINTERED P-TEX BASE
- UHMW PE bases are durable and porous to absorb wax and stay fast.
- Backcountry Gear Guide Select 2018
- Gold Metal Gear – Gear Guide Ski Magazine 2018
- Skier’s Choice – Powder 2018
- Freeskier Editors’ Pick 2017 & 2018
- Skiing Magazine Official Selection 2017
- “Testers had lots of praise for the carbon-enhanced, bamboo/cored Origin96, which rewarded aggressive drivers most: “The harder you push the better, requires some effort in short radius turns,” said one tester. Another called the rocker profile “Spot on,” with enough tip rise to float but enough camber to rip firm snow. “The ample early rise engaged and disengaged at will.”
- Ski Magazine
- Catering to the energetic skier, the Origin96 boasts Liberty’s Speedcore Carbon Construction that combines the playful qualities of bamboo and poplar with carbon fiber for stability. Tip and tail rise with traditional camber underfoot keep this ski capable for groomer laps amid bc adventures. “Traditional sidewall construction makes these a great sidecountry/resort option,” one tester said. Another commented, “These skis go full throttle with no issues or concerns.”
- Backcountry Magazine
- The Origin96 debuted last season and it’s already earned a stellar reputation across the industry, especially among our testers. It’s versatile width profile is ideal for the skier who’s looking for an everyday driver. The abundance of tech packed inside seals the deal: Its core is built with bamboo, poplar and carbon, which results in a stable yet playful experience. Additionally, moderate tip and tail rocker with camber underfoot combine forces and allow you to shred any terrain- from rock-hard groomers to dreamy pow. “Fun in the air, has a lightweight profile, is great for shifties and carves incredibly,” listed one of the many enthused testers.
- Freeskier Magazine
***Actual product may differ/vary slightly from image displayed. ***