The Alpinist is built with HydroBlock® Sport 10,000mm waterproof/breathable technology for uncompromising waterproof performance. Warmth is provided by high lofting 40-gram synthetic insulation. The cargo pocket features a YKK AquaGuard® zipper and the lining is chamois fleece. A high performance pant for those that appreciate the technical details.
- Fleece-lined waist
- Reinforced scuffguards
- Water-resistant powder cuffs
- Ski Contour™ articlulated knees
- Cargo pocket
- Zippered hand pockets
- Skier Critical™ seam sealing
- CZV™ - Control Zone Ventilation with mesh gussets
- Heavy-duty YKK zippers
- Zip fly with windguard and stormflap
- Adjustable waist - elastic with hook and loop tabs
- FIT: Active (Body skimming fit engineered for motion and enhanced by reduced bulk.)
- FABRIC: HydroBlock® Sport 100% Polyester Stretch
- INSULATION: Permaloft 40gm
- HydroBlock™ Sport: Obermeyer independently third party tests all of its fabrics for performance verification. Our 10k fabrics use fully coated hydrophilic laminations and the best DWR polymer coating available. HydroBlock™ Sport resists up to 10,000mm before water penetration and 10,000 grams of water vapor can pass through within a 24-hour time frame.
- Ski Contour™ Articulation: Garments at Obermeyer are patterned for motion. Extra length in pants and pre-curved knees are crafted to mimic the shape of a skier’s body.
- Skier Critical™ Seam Sealing: Obermeyer has tested and determined construction seams which are critical to the overall weatherproof performance of an outerwear garment. Through pattern mapping we are able to offer the optimum level of protection, minimizing the garment's interior exposure to the elements.
- Control Zone Ventilation™: Strategically placed adjustable openings and closures for core thermal regulation. Different placements allow you to release and control your body temperature. Underarm vent zips, thigh vents, jacket closures with mesh gussets all insure the greatest flexibility while maintaining waterproof/windproof closures to meet the most challenging weather conditions and aerobic exertion.